PRIVACY CONSENT AGREEMENT
The Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988, as amended, the Commonwealth Privacy Regulations 2013, and the Credit Reporting Privacy Code 2014 empower and regulate Linear Financial Services in accordance with the following.
Use of your Information – Australian Privacy Principle 6
In accordance with Sections 21G, 21H, 21J and 21 M of the Privacy Act, Linear Financial Services collect and holds your personal identification and credit information only for the following purposes:
- to verify your identity and other information provided;
- to assess any application you make for funds;
- to assess your financial circumstances;
- to help us process your application for funds in an efficient manner;
- to avoid the chance you may default on your payment obligations;
- to notify you of a default;
- to notify other credit providers of a default;
- to facilitate the collection of overdue payments;
- efficiently manage and administer the loans and any services we provide to you; and
- to introduce you to another credit provider, when we act as a referrer.
This information can include any information about your credit worthiness, credit standing, credit history, or credit capacity, that you, other credit providers and credit reporting bodies and their authorised agents are allowed to provide to Linear Financial Services under the Privacy Act and/or Credit Reporting Privacy Code. It may also include information provided by referees, relatives, real estate agents and employers listed on your loan application.
By agreeing to this Section, you authorise Linear Financial Services to contact your bank, real estate agent, landlord, payroll officer and employer (past and present), plus referees and third parties listed in the credit application/assessment form, to provide any and all permitted relevant information they may have regarding you, including tenancy or employment history and bank account and other financial details.
Linear Financial Services may ask you for documents including one or more of the following:
- 90 days of bank statements, to date of application;
- driver’s licence;
- Centrelink income statements;
- employment payslips;
- bills and invoices, showing current address and payment information;
- bank cards;
- birth certificate;
- proof of age cards;
- tax returns;
- credit scores.
and the like.
This information is only accessed, as required, by Linear Financial Services’ employees, representatives, professional advisers, contractors and other service providers, to facilitate the above purposes. Linear Financial Services will not sell, rent or trade your personal information.
Linear Financial Services reasonably assumes that any referral to third parties that you may nominate, in order that Linear Financial Services may obtain or verify your personal and other information, will have been with the agreement and knowledge of the third parties involved and that you will have made them aware of the purposes and use of such information, prior to Linear Financial Services contacting them.